Book & Author Details:
After She Fell by Amber Laura
Publication date: July 30th 2019
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
She’s tried for years to convince herself that she isn’t in love with him. If it hasn’t worked, at least she’s managed to convince him of it, anyway.
A tragic love affair from her past had shattered Christina’s illusions of romance—it’d shattered her entire world, left her utterly broken and blamed. She’s fallen once before. She isn’t about to make the same mistake twice!
Jason Gordman is off-limits. Charming, playful, confident—he’s everything dangerous to her defenses. Worse yet, he’s the boss’s son. Hiding behind antagonism and indifference, Christina manages to keep him at a careful distance. That is, until one fateful night when she finds herself snowbound with him in a blizzard and she slips, allows herself one, forbidden kiss…
Struggling to reconcile her feelings, Christina is entirely unprepared for where that one stolen moment will lead her.
OK. I’m just going to say it. I really don’t understand the depth of the issue that Christina has about pursuing a relationship with Jason. The circumstances are completely different to that from her past. As so, because of my difficulty with that premise, it was hard to identify with Christina as a character.
That said, although there were some frustrating points in the story arc, this was a decent love story. There was clear attraction between Jason and Christina, and that was teased out nicely through the narrative.
A pleasant read overall.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Amber Laura’s biography, also known as “Five Fun Facts about the Author”:
- As a writer, Amber Laura does her best daydreaming as a window-gazing passenger on long car rides.
- If there’s creamer, she’s drinking coffee. When she edits, there’s always creamer.
- A blogger, she also writes web fiction—(free stories updated chapter-by-chapter, week-by-week). Check it out at www.litliber.com.
- Psst! Her debut novel, Topaz and Lace, a contemporary romance set in a fictitious Texas town, got its start on that same blog.
- While she may physically reside in the beautiful country of Northern Minnesota, in her imagination, Amber Laura lives all over the world. She considers it one of the best perks to being a writer: easy, cheap travel. That and the oddball characters she meets along the way….
Enter the giveaway HERE (US/CAN)