Book & Author Details:
Defensive Zone by Catherine Gayle
(Portland Storm, #10)
Publication date: March 23rd 2017
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Portland Storm defenseman Cody “Harry” Williams owes his coach everything—especially for bailing him out of trouble in the past. It’s up to Cody to repay him by keeping his hands to himself around the coach’s sensual and mischievous daughter. All signs point to this task being easier said than done…
Up-and-coming fashion designer Dani Weber always gets what she wants—and she wants Cody Williams. Cody’s sexy, geeky-chic bowties and hard-to-get attitude only make her want him more, and Cody’s resistance is fading…fast.
One call is all it would take to land Cody on the trading block, ending their flirtation before it gains any traction. Cody is squarely in the Defensive Zone, but the only way for Cody and Dani to obtain what they really want is to go on the offensive—together.
Dani is a brat. The complete opposite of her sister. And as a result, neither her character nor her actions are really endearing. And yet, the author makes it work.
The relationship between Harry and Dani rapidly builds up to a spicy level, and whilst the ultimate outcome may be convenient, the natural feeling of that development is a treat to read.
Although Dani is the quintessentially spoilt child, and he is usually reserved (compared to some of the characters in this series), I still enjoyed the story.
Welcome back Ms Gayle.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Catherine Gayle is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary hockey romance and Regency-set historical romance. She’s a transplanted Texan living in North Carolina with two extremely spoiled felines. In her spare time, she watches way too much hockey and reality TV, plans fun things to do for the Nephew Monster’s next visit, and performs experiments in the kitchen which are rarely toxic.
If you want to know more, be sure to sign up for Catherine’s mailing list. She can also be found at Hockey Romance, at Facebook, on Twitter, and at Goodreads. If you want to see some of her cats’ antics and possibly the occasional video update from Catherine, visit her YouTube account.
A bit more about Catherine
- She doesn’t function without coffee. Two cups, every day, no matter what.
- She freely admits to her crazy cat lady status. She just wishes they would all stay kittens forever. Kittens are fun; cats are sometimes fun but often fickle.
- Her go-to writing snack? Orange gummy bears. Yes, just the orange ones. Yes, she knows it’s bad. These are especially important when she gets to those crying-and-writing moments.
- She’s an introvert and quite possibly a hermit. If you were to arrive at her house unnanounced, you might have to wait on the porch while she gets dressed. Working in PJs is awesome.
- She never learned to ride a bike, and she’s content to remain ignorant on that matter.