Dreaming Up A Dare by Catherine Gayle
Published by: Kindle Worlds
Publication date: July 6th 2016
Genres: Sport, Romance
Hockey star Jackson Maddox and gymnast Pepper Wilson have been best friends since childhood…
When Jackson needs a date to a prestigious party, he calls upon his petite and dazzling BFF to be his arm candy for the night. Nothing could be better than walking into a room with Pepper on his arm. Jackson won’t ever admit how he really feels about her, because they’re…
With her gymnastics career over, Pepper welcomes a chance to let her freak flag fly—especially with Jackson by her side. Pepper can’t confess she’s loved him since childhood. He’s her best friend, and there’s no reason to jeopardize what they’ve got. But they’re still…
But when a seemingly harmless game of Truth or Dare gets a little too close and entirely too personal, can Jackson dream up a dare that could give them both what they really want?
This novella packs in enough detail and action for the story to make complete sense. Although this is really nothing more than a snapshot into the lives of Pepper and Jackson, it is a hugely enjoyable read.
The author has succeeded in creating realistic characters with depth and chemistry in a restricted number of words. Would I like to read more about them? Yes. But did this story suffer as a result of being short? Absolutely not.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Catherine Gayle is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary hockey romance and Regency-set historical romance. She’s a transplanted Texan living in North Carolina with two extremely spoiled felines. In her spare time, she watches way too much hockey and reality TV, plans fun things to do for the Nephew Monster’s next visit, and performs experiments in the kitchen which are rarely toxic.
If you want to know more, be sure to sign up for Catherine’s mailing list. She can also be found at Hockey Romance, on Facebook, on Twitter, and on Goodreads. If you want to see some of her cats’ antics and possibly the occasional video update from Catherine, visit her YouTube account.
A bit more about Catherine
- She doesn’t function without coffee. Two cups, every day, no matter what.
- She freely admits to her crazy cat lady status. She just wishes they would all stay kittens forever. Kittens are fun; cats are sometimes fun but often fickle.
- Her go-to writing snack? Orange gummy bears. Yes, just the orange ones. Yes, she knows it’s bad. These are especially important when she gets to those crying-and-writing moments.
- She’s an introvert and quite possibly a hermit. If you were to arrive at her house unnanounced, you might have to wait on the porch while she gets dressed. Working in PJs is awesome.
- She never learned to ride a bike, and she’s content to remain ignorant on that matter.