Book & Author Details:
Losing an Edge by Catherine Gayle
(Portland Storm, #8)
Publication date: February 25th 2016
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Tired of being the second-best Babcock, Levi “501” Babcock is ready to outshine his older brother. Outranking his brother proves harder than he imagined—until he meets a sinfully sexy gold-medal-winning figure skater. She might be the prize he’s been searching for all along.
Bubbly and spirited Cadence Johnson is determined to escape the shackles of her former partner. Moving to Portland gives her the fresh start she’s craved, but the last thing she can afford is a distraction like Levi Babcock.
When Cadence’s past comes back to threaten her and her life is on the line, Levi might be the safety net she never realized she needed. But will Levi still care about Losing an Edge to his biggest rival, or can he finally step out of his brother’s shadow to become the hero in his own game?
It’s fair to say that I have enjoyed every book that I have read in this series. We have been treated to some wonderful characters, and some heart warming storylines. With this book however, for me at least, it felt as though the author really hit her stride, and I got something from this story that I didn’t even realise I was missing from the others.
I felt that the strength of this story is in the relationship development between Levi and Cadence. That, together with the plot line and execution of the tale, provided me with a more immersive and believable reader experience, and I appreciated the story all the more for it.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Catherine Gayle is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary hockey romance and Regency-set historical romance. She’s a transplanted Texan living in North Carolina with two extremely spoiled felines. In her spare time, she watches way too much hockey and reality TV, plans fun things to do for the Nephew Monster’s next visit, and performs experiments in the kitchen which are rarely toxic.
If you want to know more, be sure to sign up for Catherine’s mailing list. She can also be found at Hockey Romance, at Facebook, on Twitter, and at Goodreads. If you want to see some of her cats’ antics and possibly the occasional video update from Catherine, visit her YouTube account.
A bit more about Catherine
- She doesn’t function without coffee. Two cups, every day, no matter what.
- She freely admits to her crazy cat lady status. She just wishes they would all stay kittens forever. Kittens are fun; cats are sometimes fun but often fickle.
- Her go-to writing snack? Orange gummy bears. Yes, just the orange ones. Yes, she knows it’s bad. These are especially important when she gets to those crying-and-writing moments.
- She’s an introvert and quite possibly a hermit. If you were to arrive at her house unnanounced, you might have to wait on the porch while she gets dressed. Working in PJs is awesome.
- She never learned to ride a bike, and she’s content to remain ignorant on that matter.